Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fall

I love Fall. I love the crisp mornings, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet as you walk. I make a point of going out of my way to walk through leaves. Each Fall day is a special gift from God, you never know if there will be frost on the ground or if it will be 60 degrees (like yesterday). The sky seems bluer peaking through the clouds than it does in the summer.

When I was at the University of Chicago (years ago now) I was walking to class with a neighbor from Australia on a beautiful Fall day. I did my normal walk through the leaves, kicking them up in the air. He looked at me strangely and said that they didn't have leaves like that in Australia. How sad. Of course, they probably have stuff we don't, but I would miss walking through the leaves.

No comments: