Tuesday, November 20, 2007

AAR/SBL day 3

Another good day. I was in and out of the booth all day, meeting with vendors. I really enjoy this, as over the years some of us have become good friends and share far more than book information. It is always nice to hear how their kids are doing and what else, good and bad, is going on in their lives. Some of them even tell me that they read my blog; I'm flattered!

In the booth, I was able to meet some more bloggers and e-listers and finally put faces to names. That, too, is gratifying. In a virtual world much is lost, to have a face and a short time of live interaction to peg to a person when I see a virtual communication helps make it more personal.

Tuesday is the last day, and it is only a half-day, although it starts at 8:00 instead of 8:30. We have an unusually early flight, leaving at 4:00, which only gives us 2 hours to tear down a booth that takes over 8 hours to build. So, we started early, taking down the display elements that are the hardest to do once the show is over.

Here is a before and after picture:


This one is a bit dark; they had shut off most of the lights by the time we finished. It was Dave's idea to put the Bridging the Gap book in the "gap."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was apparently the last copy of Bridging the Gap. It sold out before I could get to it on Tuesday morning.

jps said...

Yep. It was a sold copy that we held back as a display. You can order it at the conference discount :)

James

Kevin P. Edgecomb said...

It was a pleasure meeting you James! I was a little out of it due to a lingering head cold, otherwise my shopping instinct would've kicked in, I'm sure. I'm already wondering why I didn't pick up several books from you while I was standing right next to them and you! Ah, well. Next time!

Sara Sinim (Pandora) said...

I'm the one who came by and stole everybody's candy and repaid them with jokes and $300 worth of sales the last day! I hope you can come to both SBL and AAR next year.

Pandora Patton