Monday, April 28, 2008

Concordance or commentary?

I was visiting a competitor's website today and noticed an interesting thing. They have the "People who bought this also bought this" type thing. They also have a topic heading to go with it.

Always the curious type, I checked what they suggested for Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax. They had a whole bunch of good items that were very relevant, but one subject heading had me confused. Why would there be a concordance link when I didn't see any concordances in the listings? So, I clicked on concordance and. low and behold, the listings were all for commentaries!

Hmmm...maybe people should consider actually checking things out with knowledgeable people? Another good reason to buy from Eisenbrauns :) We know the difference between a concordance and a commentary. We even use them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

James, you definitely have one of my three dream jobs!

jps said...

And what would the other 2 be?

James