Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Free! I'm free at last!

I just looked at my student loan balance:

Past due amount: $0.00
Late fee(s): N/A
Other charges: N/A
Present amount due: $0.00
Pay this amount: $0.00

In fact, they owe me $1.54.

Outstanding principal balance: $-1.54
Accrued interest: $0.00
Total amount outstanding: $-1.54

The original loan was consolidated in early 1989, to be paid back by 2019. Ten years early! Praise God for his faithfulness in allowing us to pay it off 10 years early.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very big congrats!

Brandon said...

Another great big congrats to you! I just paid off my car loan yesterday and feel wonderful--I can't begin to imagine what you feel like!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!

Andy said...

Congratulations, man! I just paid off my student loans about a month ago, and it feels great not to have that hanging over my head. Now, on to Deborah's loan...