Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Christian life

I've been reading the autobiography of our Staples delivery man, Facedown. He had a rough upbringing and even after becoming a Christian had some issues to work through. But, one thought keeps recurring over and over in the book, this particular version is from page 255:

I knew for certain hope was attainable, not by anything I could do, but I learned the priceless commodity of truth.

I knew there was healing in repentance.

I knew I would never be alone as long as I walked with God.

I also knew there was a force out there ready to perch on my shoulder and take me down. It happened every time I wasn't moving forward, learning from and depending on and trusting in the God who showed me mercy.

<idle musing>
I think that about sums up the entire Christian life.
</idle musing>

No comments: