Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring

I think Spring is here. Or, at least there are signs everywhere that it is close. I went for my first extended bike ride last night; the weather and the light both cooperated. Last week, the weather was right, but the light ended too soon. So, as much as I dislike the time changing, I do like the later evening light.

Anyway, as I was riding, I heard frogs creaking in the marshes. I hadn't heard it before yesterday, but another sign of spring. And, the trees are starting to get a greenish twinge to them as the buds get bigger. Plus, I saw the first flowers on Tuesday evening. There aren't any daffodils yet (a sure sign of spring), but some of the other bulb flowers are poking their heads out. And, tonight I will plant some stuff in the garden, as sure sign of spring!

No comments: