Monday, March 08, 2010

Weekend doings

This last weekend, Debbie and I went to Wisconsin (Monroe) to help her sister move. I had a grand time moving boxes, replacing ceiling light fixtures, caulking tubs and countertops, adjusting weatherstripping on doors, stuff like that. It was nice to have tasks where you could get closure in less than an hour. It made me feel like I was getting something accomplished. Sometimes at work where you have 6 month projects you wonder if you are making progress; here it was easy. If the light worked, you were done...

By the way, that leads me to ask, why is it that people don't understand the adjustable thresholds? This place has three doors that have adjustable thresholds—the kind with the screws on them where you can raise or lower the clearance. All three were messed up. One was so tight on the hinge end that you could barely open or close the door, but on the latch end it had a 1/4" of light showing through! It's easy to look like a hero when the door opens easily and the cold stops blowing in :)

Debbie is staying with her sister this week to help her move in some more. It will be a lonely week, but I have plenty of projects to keep me occupied. The problem is, with her gone, I don't feel like doing them...happens every time. You have this list of jobs and you think you'll blast through them, but you just don't feel like doing anything...I definitely appreciate my wife!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I feel the same way when Joel is gone. unmotivated, with a tinge of loneliness. so it doesn't change after 30 years of marriage? I guess that is a good thing. :)
Love, Renee